
Stew and I took a taxi to a grocery store and produce vendor today on our own, and it felt good to be mildly independent and get some thing "normal" accomplished!
I now have a lot of tomatoes to cook into a sauce, apples to make applesauce, bananas for banana bread, green beans to cook and freeze, and we had delicious guacamole and fresh salsa at supper. Oh, and two ripe papayas!
We can tell that we are adjusting to the heat at least a little, since this morning when it was 26 degrees, I went looking for a blanket. It was so nice to have a cooler day today.
The cooler weather also helps Micah's heat rash. Poor little guy. Since arriving, it's spread all over his chest, tummy, neck, and back, and now a little on his face. We've put cornstarch on it, and tried our best to keep him cool, but definitely the cooler weather helps most of all. (Micah has also been enjoying long cool baths and swimming in our pool-- both seem to help minimize the heat rash.)
That's just a little bit of our day today. How was yours?
I can pretty much relate to everything in your post! Tomatoes, apples, bananas, beans, avocado, papaya....searching for blankets when it's "cold"....even the heat rash (except on my husband not my son!) What did you eat with your guacamole and salsa? I'm always searching for things that would substitute as tortillas...haven't had much luck aside from making my own!
ReplyDeletePlus it was no doubt a cultural experience to ride in a taxi!! You might have even been able to understand your taxi driver better than we understand ours. Love you guys!
ReplyDelete