Yesterday we drove out to the family Christmas tree farm to pick a tree. Out of our four Christmases married, this was our second tree from the farm. (Our first Christmas was on our honeymoon, and last Christmas we were thankful to even have a really old fake tree, seeing as we were in West Africa.)
As we went along we explained to Micah what we were going to do. We were so excited to pick a tree as a family!
Micah was so happy to help Stew! They sawed and sawed, and then... the tree fell over.
The look on poor Micah's face was priceless. I wish I had taken a photo; instead Stew and I were busy reassuring him that it was okay. We wanted the tree to fall over. He was heartbroken! "Tree broke" he said!
And as much as he enjoyed helping his Daddy carry the tree, he never quite got over the shock of it.
All the way home, over and over and over we heard a little voice in the backseat saying "tree broke; tree broke; tree broke".






So funny but a little sad too. It always amazes me the things that they respond to so differently than we expect. Especially things that we are excited about that they see as sad.
ReplyDeleteAhahahaha!!! What a little goober! He's so smart, I love him! I'm sad i missed you guys yesterday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet and precious little boy!! Hopefully he will get over the trauma of the tree breaking, once it is standing in your house and he helps decorate it.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Auntie Laurie
I cannot believe you cut down a real tree when you could have just gone to Walmart and got a nice white plastic one with the lights already attached :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!! I really wanted to cut down our own tree this year, but being back in Van not sure that might actually happen. Hope Micah gets over the tree cutting when he realizes he got to give it a new home, and hopefully having to get rid of the tree after Christmas will be less traumatic. :)
ReplyDelete