Ah yes, the tooth. Two visits to the awful dentist in West Africa, one root canal (completed in three different appointments) by a considerably nicer dentist in West Africa, one broken file left in the tooth, two different infections, and now two appointments with a wonderful Canadian dentist, and I have decided to have the tooth pulled.
Enough is enough already!!!
I could keep the tooth. It would mean visiting the specialist and paying him $1200 to drill into my tooth and remove the calcified nerve (thanks to the West African dentist who completed my root canal without taking any x-rays). Then I would return to my dentist and proceed to pay him $800 for another root canal (including the removal of the broken file, left behind by said West African dentist).
After telling me all that, my kind dentist informed me he could pull the tooth instead. The cost? A mere $100.
Done and done. I will officially have one less tooth as of this Friday. It's way in the back, so I don't think you'll notice when I smile. And if you can see the gap, at least you'll all know why it's gone. Somehow I just can't stomach spending an extra $1900 to save the tooth.
Farewell my dear molar. You've served me well.
oh my oh my oh my. I would SO tell him to pull it too! Part of a file left in there? That sounds painful by itself... ugh! Hope your appointment goes well :) Ade
ReplyDeleteHope he takes out the file when he pulls your tooth!! Unreal almost 2 Grand to save one tooth. Good for you Charisa. Love the Farewell dear molar!
ReplyDeleteSee you tonight at Sarah's recital. Christine