Friday, December 16, 2011

one toothless girl

I survived it.  I am now one toothless girl.  Or, more accurately, I am now a girl less-one-tooth.

I feel like I've said this a hundred times (but maybe not on the blog?) -- my new dentist is amazing!!!  Absolutely wonderful.  And until I saw him, I don't think I would have ever believed those words would go together.  Really truly wonderful.

He froze me up so good, I didn't feel a thing.  Well, except the pressure of him pulling.  If I winced even the tiniest bit he would stop and ask if it hurt, then proceed to freeze me some more.  I think he gave me 7-8 needles of freezing.  Seriously.  And thus, here I am, 10 hours later, still partly frozen.  It's actually kind of creepy.  But I am thankful.

And, out of courtesy, he gave me about a 50% discount on the cost of the extraction.  Just because he's nice, we're (relatively) poor, and have no insurance.  Who does that?!

My new dentist, that's who!

(P.S. I don't think you can see the gap in my teeth when I smile, although I can't say for certain, since I'm still slightly frozen and can't give a wide smile just yet.  Only time will tell for certain.)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Dr. Ashley! I agree, he is the best. I'm glad you like him too!

    ReplyDelete