Thursday, December 1, 2011

Roasted Red Pepper Dip

roasted red pepper dip - before baking

 I made this dip a couple nights ago for a party, and since I only vaguely followed a recipe I was hoping, hoping it would turn out.  Once it was mixed together (but still cold) I sampled some, and so did Micah.  And we could hardly keep ourselves from gobbling it up.  So I figured it would also be good hot.  And yes, yes, it was good.  :)  The next day we ate the leftovers with our lunch, Micah and I.  (He's a lover of fine foods, that boy.)


[All measurements are approximate, since I made it without measuring...]

1 jar of roasted red peppers (about 300ml)
1 package light cream cheese
1-2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
2-4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1-2 cups monterrey jack cheese, grated
fresh ground black pepper, to garnish

Drain the roasted red peppers.  Puree the peppers, cream cheese, onion, and garlic until smooth.  (I used my hand-blender.)  Stir in mayo, parmesan, and monterey jack cheese.  Place in a small baking dish.  Top with fresh ground black pepper.

Bake approx 30 minutes at 350, or until bubbly.

Serve warm with crackers or tortilla chips.

4 comments:

  1. It looks delicious Charisa. You come up with the most nummy looking dishes! Where do you buy roasted red peppers? (I mean where are they in the grocery stores) I have never bought them but I might just have to cause this looks too good to just look at:) Auntie Coke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charisa,

    I love, love, love your blog. It's always the little joys in life that I see in your blog and so often puts a smile on my face or a craving in my stomach when you talk about food. How's Hallee doing? How are your nights, sleep wise? Thank you so much for sharing your life through you blog. It's full of treasures!

    xoxox Cousin Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two parties to go to on Friday, the 9th. Chris's staff party and my staff party. We are supposed to bring appies to both. I think I will make this for both. How many would you say it feeds?

    Love, Auntie Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably one person Laur, cause it looks delicious! You could just sit in the car and eat it and then apologize to people that you were not able to get anything there :)

    Love, Coke

    ReplyDelete