Micah's growing like a weed, or at least he will be soon with the amount he's eating. My goodness. That boy can easily eat two little bananas, a mango, and some yogurt for breakfast. Then have a snack two hours later. And eat a big lunch an hour after that. Then nap, and have another snack/lunch. What a boy. Already eating us out of house and home!
He's also talking a mile a minute. Mostly just "Micah-words", but still talking. He regularly says "Momma", "Dada", "m'ba". Yesterday while he and I were playing with his toys he handed me a toy and said "here, Momma". I'm sure of it. Or at least it sounded like "here, Momma". Maybe it wasn't intentional, but it was perfect timing.
We've been working harder at disciplining him more consistently. He's generally a good little boy, but lately he's not been obeying me as often or as quickly as he should. I will tell him to "come here" and he just stands there and keeps doing what he's doing. Arg! But after working harder with him at listening and obeying, he's coming around. Little by little, as they say (frequently) in Bambara.
Micah has continued to sleep well! Praise the Lord! He goes to bed now around 7, often without crying at all. He usually sleeps through until 5-6am. And he wakes now only for a legitimate need, like too cold, teething, coughing, etc., even then it's only every few days. Sleep feels so good! (Except now I'm back to waking through the night to use the bathroom... aaaah. The joys of pregnancy!)
Did I mention that he is now fully weaned?! So happy about that. I loved nursing him, but it was time to be done. We were both ready. It is so nice to know that Stewart can put him to bed now without me. And in fact, he often does! I just give him a quick snuggle and kiss goodnight and his Daddy puts him to bed. And I'm so thankful that he is old enough now to not need to transition to a bottle. He drinks (powdered) milk from a sippy cup, and that's it. Beautiful.
Tomorrow night I am heading to a hotel for the night with my friend Lisa for a girls' getaway, to spend some quality time with her before she heads back to Canada in a couple weeks, but also to celebrate that Micah is weaned and sleeping well. Yay!
I am feeling so thankful for this sweet little boy that God has blessed us with. Micah, our gift from God (the meaning of his name).



Oh my goodness Charisa - he doesn't look like a baby at ALL anymore - he's such a little boy!! i love him!! he's gorgeous and congrats and all the new exciting success with him!! :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Wonderful news. So glad to hear he's doing well.
ReplyDelete