The next morning when Micah woke up early (as usual), instead of catching a few more winks on the couch while he played, I got cooking. A big breakfast skillet. Inspired by The Eggberts Sunriser.
Saute some onions, peppers and tomatoes, until starting to soften. Set aside.
At the same time, cook up some hashbrowns. Set them aside. (We made them from scratch. I posted about that here.)
Cook up some breakfast meat. I would prefer bacon, but you can't get decent bacon here. So I browned some sausage and deli ham.
Slice some green onions. Here, green onions equal chives. We have no green onions.
Assemble it all in an oven-safe pan. We used our cast-iron skillet. First hashbrowns, then veggies, then meat, then a layer of grated cheese.
Stick it in a hot oven to melt the cheese. Meanwhile, fry some eggs (we did 4).
Pull the wonderfully melty skillet out of the oven and top with fried eggs and green onions.
Serves 2-3. Depending how hungry you are. And how much you like to pig-out first thing in the morning. We had high ambitions (serving it for just Stew and I, and a little for Micah), but we ended up inviting in one of the guys who works on our yard to help us eat it all.





Wow you've made me hungry. Breakfast here I come!
ReplyDeleteI read this post on my iPhone when I woke up at 5:00 this morning. Made me want to hop out of bed and cook breakfast!! But I didn't. I stayed in bed til 5:40 and then got up and made coffee. :o)
ReplyDeleteCharisa this looks fabulous! I just made the PW cbs today - they are nummy altho I put less butter in and less sugar in the icing. Good cbs tho. They won't last long here, that's for sure. I think I might make your recipe here for dinner - so delish looking! Auntie Coke
ReplyDeleteThat looks YUMM-O!!!! :)
ReplyDelete