Sunday, January 30, 2011
this is what things have come to
My man is out of town (getting back tonight). Here my little man sits, eating his supper: leftover chili and rice, with his hands. (He normally eats with his hands.) And I? I'm also eating leftover chili and rice. With a wooden spoon. Because that's what things have come to around here. No clean utensils. At all. So instead of washing a spoon, I decided to eat supper with the spoon I cooked with. Saves on dishes, right?
Stewart would probably tell me he did that all the time back in college. And that as a married woman and mother, I should probably do the dishes. But he's not here right now.
So I am eating supper with a wooden spoon.
Dishes can wait.
At least until after dinner.
Themes:
commentary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love it! You go girl!. I am very happy to see you have your priorities in the right order.
ReplyDeleteLove you.
You really should clarify that you only have 6 spoons. It's not as though you have a whole weeks worth of dishes sitting waiting to be washed . . . besides, there's nothing at all wrong with eating with a wooden spoon. :oP
ReplyDeleteI agree with your mother Charisa - eat away with your wooden spoon :)
ReplyDeleteDidn't you know that wooden spoons give off more flavor into the food? Especially when there are no other spoons to be had - it is a good thing to eat with a wooden spoon! Nothing wrong with that at all!!:) Love, Auntie Coke
ReplyDelete