Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mom's Meatballs

Last night I made my Mom's meatballs for supper, with a mushroom gravy (thanks to a mix she brought me), and rice.  Mmm...

I haven't made meatballs in ages, but we had them with teriyaki sauce for supper one night while Mom and Dad were here, and they were so good.  I had forgot how easy they are, and how much I like them.

Mom's Meatballs

1 lb ground beef
1 egg
1 handful of oats
salt
pepper
1 tsp onion soup mix, or finely chopped onions
1-2 Tbsp BBQ sauce or ketchup

Dump it all in a bowl.  Get your hands in there and mix it well.  Form the meat goop (yes, I called it "meat goop") into little balls, about an inch or inch and a half in diameter.  (I didn't exactly measure!)  Place them on a cookie sheet - they should all fit on one, since unlike cookies, they don't spread.



Bake at 400 degrees for 15-25 minutes, depending how big you make them.  I ended up breaking one open to check if they were done in the middle.  Maybe there is a better way?

I had some for supper, and froze the rest for use later.  Looking forward to meatballs again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment