Indeed. The seasons have changed here. Just in the past week we've noticed that our cool nights aren't quite as cold as they used to be, and our moderately warm days have warmed up - a lot. Today was about 39 degrees here. And the forecast is for more similarly warm weather.
Hot season, here we come! (Mom and Dad, you left just in time!)
A little disclaimer, especially for those of you who think that 39 degrees sounds glamourous:
Ahem. 39 degrees is not glamourous. It is hot. Very hot. Especially when your swamp cooler doesn't work yet, and the air conditioner is too expensive to run (and is only in one room, anyway). There are very few air conditioned buildings to retreat to (the supermarket and pharmacy are the only ones I can think of!). Right now the weather is bearable, even nice, I'll admit it. But it won't be long before our nights stop cooling off... and then we will have hot summer weather 24 hours a day. Not that I'm complaining. Just clarifying. Because too many people think we are bragging about the weather here. Trust me, I would take snow over heat, any day.
No comments:
Post a Comment