Tuesday, December 14, 2010

t'was the night before...

...my birthday!  And all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even Micah. 

My husband is across the yard at our new still-being-renovated house ripping out the tile floor in our bathroom that was installed only 4 hours ago.  But that's a whole 'nother post.

And what am I doing?  (Other than blogging, that is!)  Just bakin' my own birthday cake.  It's no big deal, really.  I bake everyone else's birthday cake, so why not my own?

It's not by any means the first year I baked my own cake.  The first time was when I turned 16.  But don't blame my mother.  She was on another continent.  And it's okay, really.  I'm over it.  :)  Sometimes it's just a matter of no-cake (or at least not the kind you want!) vs. bake-your-own-cake.  And personally, I'm big on cake.

What's a birthday without cake?

This year it's a pumpkin spice bundt cake.  It was going to be Mexican chocolate cake, but decided to save that little number for our Christmas party on Friday.  And yes, a cake can be called a little number, at least that cake can.  Oh the chocolatey goodness...

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Charisa. Wishing you all the best, and a year full of love, fun, and full of adventures.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy your cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!! I make my own birthday cake too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Charisa! Is it on the 15th? (Peter's on the 14th.) Love and blessings from us all, Peter & Kelly+ Lukas + Emmet

    ReplyDelete