Saturday, November 27, 2010

counting my blessings

ONE
Jesus, who died for me!  I am so blessed to be a part of His family.

TWO
my family here on earth - I have an amazing husband who loves me and cares for me and protects me.

THREE
my little boy is such a blessing.  I am so thankful for him!

FOUR
our families love us and bless us richly!

FIVE
we are all healthy!

SIX
we have a wonderful, furnished place to live that even has electricity, appliances, fans, and an A/C, in West Africa of all places!

SEVEN
we can enjoy all sorts of wonderful tropical fruit, grown locally, and at good prices!  mmm...

EIGHT
our friends here have done so much to make us feel welcome and at home and a part of their lives, caring for us when we were sick, showing us where to shop, helping us with said shopping, even providing us with Christmas decorations.

NINE
Christmas is coming, and we have local friends to celebrate with, as well as our own family Christmas celebration.  It will be such a rich time, I'm sure!

TEN
My parents are coming to visit us in less than two months... we are so excited to see them, and so blessed that they are willing and able to make the trek out here just to spend time with us!

Okay, so I really could keep counting, and counting, and counting... but these are some big ones!  I really want to focus more on the positives and blessings of life, especially of our life here in West Africa.  There is so much to be thankful for, yet it's so easy to focus on the hard things in life. 

You might be seeing "My Thankful Three" a little more often...

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Charisa! So much of how we're doing is determined by our attitude and choosing to be thankful is HUGE!

    ReplyDelete