Monday, November 29, 2010
an early start to potty training
Yes, it's true... yesterday Micah pooped on the potty!!
He has been pooping in the bath a lot lately. Like multiple nights a week. It's gross. But when the kids gotta go, he's gotta go. If he hasn't recently pooped come bath time, it's gonna happen in the bath. Almost for sure. So last night, when Stew took off his diaper and there was no fresh poop (too much information yet?!), he decided to put him on the potty and see what happens.
Voila!! Poop. On the potty. He was so proud of himself!
Stew has been wanting to try Elimination Communication with Micah, but I've resisted. Personally I think it sounds like training the parents more than the child. And I'm really okay with changing diapers! (Granted, I haven't exactly done much research on the topic!) Anyways, Stew was pretty stoked that Micah went on the toilet for the first time. He tried to put Micah on again tonight, but to no avail. Then, minutes later, he pooped in the bath! So we'll keep working on it. It's worth a try, right?
P.S. I didn't blog yesterday. Sorry, NaBloPoMo.
Themes:
Micah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good for Stewart! And Micah! He might be ready. he sure looks pretty pleased with himself in the picture there! He has such a sweet smile!
ReplyDeleteSuch an adorable picture!! You have no idea how many times your Auntie Laurie (she's here right now) and I have come back and looked at this picture cause it's just too cute!!!
ReplyDeleteSmart and cute and adorable. What more needs to be said. Go Micah go!
ReplyDeleteThat picture is incredibly cute, I think it's just the expression on Micah's face:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute picture of a proud little boy!
ReplyDelete