Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dreaming of a home

So much has happened in these past six months. So much.  Moving and baby are the big ones. Huge ones. But still life marches on at breakneck speed.

We have been renting since we moved north, and are hoping to buy a house up here. We've looked at so many houses! Lots are immediately stricken off the list  of possibilities...and some we keep thinking about, keep reworking the numbers...keep dreaming.

We're in the thick of winter up here, but I keep thinking toward spring. Thinking about the garden I want to plant (that I can't in this house), about the dog we want to get (that we can't in this house), about the desire to finally have our own space, and land with room for the kids to run and explore.  Spring is coming and we'd love to move and finally settle into our own place.

The problem is that there is no clear "right place" just yet. A few leads, but nothing that feels right.  We keep hoping, praying,  looking at every possibility that presents itself.  We know it will happen eventually, but we just feel so ready to settle! I personally have lived in fourteen different houses (not counting temporary living situations and all the different dorm rooms) in the past fourteen years. I'm ready for one last move, so we can settle in and not move for a few years.

Would you join us in praying for a house? A place where we can settle in and stay a while.  Much appreciated.

This earth is so not our home!

1 comment:

  1. I am praying and will keep on praying that you will be blessed beyond measure by a house that is homey, yet room enough, and land enough to do the outside things you would like to do:) I am excited to see what God brings for you! Love, Auntie coke

    ReplyDelete