Friday, January 11, 2013

39 weeks and still growing!

Praise God!  I am now 39 weeks + 1 day pregnant -- and I've set a personal record for the longest I've ever been pregnant.  Which means I am ready for the baby to come any time now!!  Since this is my first time not being induced, I'm starting to understand why women tend to get so sick of waiting for their baby to come.  It's so out of my control!  I've been working at keeping my house tidy, laundry done, kitchen clean, schedule fairly open, etc, so I am always ready for the baby.  That alone is getting tiring and frustrating!

As you probably know, Halle was born at 35 weeks, and Micah at 39.  So this is the longest I've ever been pregnant.  I feel like my belly is almost as big as it was with Micah, but overall I've put on at least 10 lbs less this time, so I feel really healthy and still pretty comfortable in general.  I think that keeping busy chasing two kids has helped with my weight gain, as well as being much more careful about what we eat than we used to be.  (Click here to see the photo of me 38 weeks pregnant with Micah, in comparison.)


Last week I was thrown a wonderful shower -- not so much for the baby, as it was for me.  I was spoiled (blessed, really) with all sorts of wonderful gifts, from spa gift cards, to tea, to babysitting, gift cards for clothes, meals, a movie date night, etc.  I felt (and still feel) so loved!  A big thank you to everyone who was a part of it!

All in all, I am happy to still be pregnant, free from complications, and eagerly awaiting this baby's arrival.  We will keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. You look awesome for being almost 39+ weeks! It looks like you're carrying this babe a lot lower than Micah. May just be cause it's your third.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still pregnant!...I thought the baby would have been here by now. haha...so glad to hear that you are doing well. Any day now! So excited to hear of baby's arrival.

    ReplyDelete