Thursday, January 17, 2013

hello, 40 weeks

Yes, today is my due date.  No, I'm not in labour.  It's already 3:30pm, so looking unlikely I'll have the baby today.  I would have really liked to have the baby today, not just because it's my due date and that's cool, but it is also my Dad's birthday.  I thought that would have been kind of special.  Oh well.  Not much I can do about it!

I am very thankful to have made it to the 40 week mark, but I have to say that I am way too much of a planner to appreciate the waiting that is involved.  I did not like being induced either time, but at least I wasn't waiting indefinitely for the baby!  I guess there are some perks to induction after all.  :)

I feel like we should plan a "yay, I made it to my due date" party, but then I'd probably just go into labour before we had it...haha.  Wait, maybe I should plan one...!  For so long all I wanted was to keep this baby inside and not be premature, and now I am so ready for he/she to be born.  I didn't really think I would make it to 37 weeks, so I have literally spent the last 3 weeks all ready for baby, each night expecting to wake up in labour.  I decided I'm done keeping my house tidy and ready for the birth.  3 weeks of keeping everything ready is enough.  That's what early labour is for, right?!

You'll hear from us shortly after the Little One is born.

3 comments:

  1. So very thankful that you have made it all the way to 40 weeks with a relatively healthy pregnancy! Thank God for that:) As for the baby coming, they do seem to come when they are good and ready - will pray that this baby will be good and ready very, very soon!:) Love, Auntie Coke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen amen to Auntie Coke's prayer! It's wonderful. Christine

    ReplyDelete