Monday, May 21, 2012

it's catch up time!

It's been a while since I downloaded the photos off our camera, and now there are 455 of them.  This means that you will again be inundated with posts, photos in particular, after a long hiatus.... and then probably followed by another long hiatus.  I don't know what it is about blogging, but every so often I get stuck in a rut and feel like I have nothing to say.  Or at least nothing worth typing out.  Or maybe just too busy in the everyday things.  Some seasons of life just feel more mundane than others.  Chances are they are not actually less exciting; I'm just not seeing the excitement that is happening all around me. 

Right now, for example.  After seven and half months of only consuming her Momma's milk, my Halle is now a big eater of solid foods.  This is a big deal, but it just seems too ordinary to blog.  And teeth.  She now has her four front teeth, but they've come in quietly with little-to-no fuss, so it didn't seem note-worthy (although I think all Moms can agree that is is really quite note-worthy!).  My Micah is a tool-man through and through.  Throughout the week while Stew is away at work, Micah will ask me to put on his tool belt and go to "work", telling me "bye Momma.  Micah work hard now."  So adorable...but just sort of part of our routine these days. 

Writing all this out is making me realize how easy it is to get caught up in the regular-ness of our days and not see the beauty.  Not see the little wonderful things.  The things Micah says, or the changes in Halle as she grows.

Maybe I do have more to write than I thought.  :)

But for now, a few random photos.  More to come in the next few days.  (Sorry Mom; that means I am going to make you wait for the farm photos!)

matching earplugs with Daddy

sound asleep

Halle with her Grandpa and Grandma R

1 comment: