I've been working with Micah on memorizing Scripture. He has an amazing memory, and he's the perfect age to memorize and absorb so much, and so easily. So far he has memorized Colossians 3:20 ("Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord"), Genesis 1:1 ("In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth"), and John 3:16 ("For God so loved the world that He gave his only son..."). We're still working on the second half of John 3:16 - not because he can't memorize that much--but he's convinced that the verse says "to die on the cross for our sins"! Close, but not quite right!
My goal is to work on one verse per week - or more! I haven't been super diligent about it, but that's my goal. If my child is willing and happy to memorize Scripture, I figure I should capitalize on that!
Yesterday I put together a little video of Micah reciting his first Bible memory verse. Enjoy!
This is so sweet, way to go Charisa AND Micah! All I see here is a little Stewart.
ReplyDeleteHaha, I love all of the outtakes. What a great thing to do! I am inspired!
ReplyDeleteDo you have an AWANA program near you? They have a program for preschoolers called Cubbies and as a group memorize one verse a week. Plus there are stories, crafts and games. Very fun!
ReplyDelete