Thursday, February 16, 2012

two weeks of meal planning

I'm going on three weeks of really intentional meal planning so far, and it's been such a good thing for us.  We're eating better, there is less stress around what to make, more meal prep done ahead, and fewer trips to the grocery store.  Definitely worth it! 

I plan for 2 weeks at time, and adjust the second week as it gets closer, when I plan the following week.  So I always have the current week and the following week planned.  I've been planning out all three meals a day, trying to stay away from eating store-bought cereals for breakfast and KD for lunch.  :)  Now, our lunches are usually just leftovers from the night before, so I will not go to the effort of typing up our lunch plans.

So, here is my current meal plan.  This week I've made a lot of adjustments due to being sick, so this is semi-adjusted from my original plan.


This Week
Sunday
breakfast: fried eggs and toast
supper: homemade mac and cheese (with brown pasta - whatever we have on hand, probably not actual macaroni)

Monday
breakfast: pancakes
supper: supper at a friends' house

Tuesday
breakfast: oatmeal
supper: lasagna, brought with love by a friend, since I was sick

Wednesday
breakfast: BLT's (not a typical breakfast food, but it was Stew's idea... and delicious)
supper: roast chicken with roast potatoes and carrots

Thursday
breakfast: raspberry breakfast cake (adapted from here)
supper: Japanese food (friends are coming and going to teach me!)

Friday
breakfast: breakfast trifle (made with muffins, or in my case leftover raspberry cake, yogurt, and fruit)
supper: spaghetti and meatballs with sourdough garlic bread

Saturdaybreakfast: crepes or waffles with fruit and whipping cream
supper: chicken enchiladas



Next Week
Sunday
breakfast: breakfast casserole (wifesaver)
supper: not sure yet...haha

Monday
breakfast: oatmeal
supper: Thai red curry

Tuesday
breakfast: pancakes
supper: pork roast

Wednesday
breakfast: eggs and toast
supper: Creole peanut soup

Thursday
breakfast: muffins
supper: West African peanut sauce with couscous or brown rice

Friday
breakfast: breakfast casserole (make it slightly different than on Sunday)
supper: lasagna with focaccia and salad

Saturday
breakfast: crepes or waffles with fruit and whipping cream
supper: pulled pork pizza, BBQ chicken pizza, veggie pizza

As you can see, I don't have a ton of breakfast ideas, so those will pretty much stay the same week-to-week, maybe just rotating days of the week.

I'm a newby over on Pinterest, but I've already found it to be a great source of meal ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Charisa, I have a great recipe for Baked oatmeal that makes a great breakfast, and a smoothie recipe if you want them. Both very delish and relatively healthy.

    Auntie Colleen

    ReplyDelete