It's been a week. How on earth has it been a week since I last blogged?! I would say "I have no idea", but the truth is simple: I closed my browser. Yes, that's it. That's my secret to frequent blogging. I leave my blog open constantly, minimized when not in use, so every time I sit at my computer I think "hey, I should blog". And this week it seems that I closed my browser.
As I sit here typing, my husband and son are busy assembling a new shelving unit. Hooray for organization!! I am actually really looking forward to sorting through all our baby and childrens clothes of various sizes and getting them put away on said shelving unit. Enough of the chaos already. We've decided that our spare room which is currently study/storage/guest room will now become storage/study/guest room/sewing room/eventual family closet. It's a big job for a little room, but I think the fact that we always keep the door closed and contents out of sight, means it will work. Functional, but not pretty. I can handle that, since it's not the room I hang out in all day long.
If it works out, I think we'd like to stay in this home for a few years, and seeing as we're also hoping to have two more children in those "few years", we're going to need to get creative. So I'm thinking that instead of putting kids in the third bedroom, we'll keep the kids together in one bedroom (hello, bunkbeds!) and keep all the toys in the play area, and all their clothes in the family closet (an idea I got from here). However, with only Micah and Halle, we don't really need the family closet just yet, but still have lots of clothes that are either too big or too small. (They grow so fast!) Enter, new storage shelf.
That's what I'm up to this long weekend. Organizing kids clothes, along with lots of time snuggling my man and my two littles. (We've read My Big Rig by Jonathan London a lot lately!)
How are you spending the weekend?

No comments:
Post a Comment