Monday, August 1, 2011

maybe, just maybe, tomorrow?

We were hoping that we could bring Halle home today.  She has now met all their criteria: she weighs more than 2 kilos, is more than 36 weeks gestation, is gaining weight, has been eating well without her feeding tube for more than 48 hours, and passed the car seat test.

But it was not to be.  It doesn't exactly make sense, but I guess it's fully up to each doctor as to when they discharge babies.  There really is no definite criteria.  And so the doctor today decided that Halle should stay a little longer, and there was no convincing her otherwise.  Thankfully there is a different doctor on each day, so hopefully the doctor tomorrow will discharge Halle.  She has continued to eat really well today, and I think she will either be at her birth weight, or really close to it, when we weigh her this evening (and she's only eight days old!).

But for now I'm heading back to her hospital bedside to feed her, kiss her, give her a bath, and spend some time lovin' on her.  Hopefully for the last night in hospital.

2 comments: