We've made it past the 34 week mark, baby and I. He/she still growing in utero, and this Momma still on the couch with her sanity (mostly) intact. And now we're almost there. I've decided not to advertise the exact day of the induction to the entire world, partly because it isn't set in stone, and partly because what's the fun in everyone knowing when your baby is going to arrive?! But I will say that it is this week, and seeing as I am still at home, it clearly isn't today. Soon though.
I still am bleeding a little on and off (currently off, and hoping it stays that way, but you never know!). As such, I've been told I cannot stay on the care-at-home program. And the hospital doesn't seem to want to keep me there, since they are not concerned about the bleeding at this point. And I am very, very happy to stay at home for this last little while and keep my hospital visit as short as possible. (My condition is stable, so the doctors are not concerned enough to admit me to the hospital just yet.) It gives me some time to get the last details taken care of, especially arranging childcare for Micah. Thankfully, I just came across my notes from the prenatal classes we took when I was pregnant with Micah. Time to review!! So here I am at home, just keeping a careful watch on the baby's movements, frequency of contractions (or lack thereof), my vitals, etc., and reading. It's not much longer now.
Now you'll just have to keep checking back here until I post a baby announcement! (And it might take a little while unless I can steal an iPhone off of someone for a few minutes, since there is no wi-fi at our hospital.)
Please pray for us this week as we prepare for induction and then labour and delivery. Pray for no complications, for peace, and for a healthy baby!
Waiting for news! :)
ReplyDeleteI apologize for the failed attempts to visit you guys, but I decided in lieu of the soon to be baby to hold off. I wasn't sure when the baby would be coming! We'll be seeing ALL of you soon!
ReplyDelete