Two weeks ago, my Mom turned the big 5-0. Dad had planned on throwing her a BBQ, but it was rescheduled, due largely to my sudden hospital stay and subsequent bedrest. However, Melissa (my sister-in-law), my Auntie Laurie, and I had been planning for months to have an overnight getaway with Mom to celebrate her birthday. All Mom knew was the date and that Melissa and I were planning it. Our plans were up-in-the-air for a bit when I was first put on bedrest but as things stabilized with me, we decided to go ahead with our plans albeit slightly adjusted.
We held the event at my house instead of a hotel so the nurse could still make her morning visit, and we were still near the hospital. And we had such a great time! Mom was so surprised to see her sister!
Yesterday afternoon we had an esthetician come to the house and we all had spa treatments, we ordered in Thai food for supper, and we just enjoyed visiting and catching up. (I hadn't seen my Auntie Laur in almost a year.) This morning Auntie Laurie and Mom made waffles for breakfast with fruit, whipping cream, and the chocolate fondue that we didn't get around to last night. It was fabulous!
 |
| all ready for a great breakfast |
 |
| enjoying morning snuggles with my newest nephew, Jeremy (the only boy allowed at our girls-only party) |
 |
| a birthday waffle! |
 |
| Jeremy and his Great Auntie Laurie |
We all had such a good time that we decided to make our girls getaway a regular event! It was so relaxing and refreshing to spent time with such lovely women, all mothers, all part of my family. I'm so looking forward to the next one!
It was wonderful!!! You 3 did a great job of planning & pulling off the entire "event". I feel incredibly blessed!
ReplyDeleteMe too! Feel blessed to have been included in such a wonderful event.
ReplyDeleteLove you all.
Laurie