It's been a while. Again. My apologies. This time I at least have a good reason for my blogging absense. Namely, the lack of wifi at my friendly neighbourhood hospital.
Yep, that's right. I've been in hospital these fast five days. Long story short, I am only 29 weeks pregnant and my water broke. Still a mystery to me as to when and how this happened, but apparently it has. So forty-eight hours of IV antibiotics, five non-stress tests, two *extremely painful* shots in the butt, two ultrasounds, and two disappointing hockey games (watched on a really small hospital TV) later, and I'm back home. On bedrest.
Unless something majorly changes, I am now on bedrest until the baby comes. And it seems that the baby could come any day now (and then probably stay in ICU for weeks), or not come for a few more weeks (and hopefully have a much shorter ICU stay). The obstetrician has said that they will induce me at 34 or 35 weeks if I haven't gone into labour by then. They don't want to keep the baby in any longer than necessary with the risk of infection, etc.
So until then, we'll be taking it each day at a time. The nurse who discharged me from hospital today warned me that chances are I will be back in hospital tomorrow. So optimistic, I know. But at least she's being honest. I was originally admitted to hospital with "unexplained bleeding" and it unfortunately hasn't fully stopped, so I could be re-admitted at any time.
Please keep our family in your prayers! I will try to keep this space updated, so long as I'm not back in the wifi-less hospital. :) Photos of our new home are coming soon. I took them before my hospital stay and just didn't get them uploaded, so now I should have lots of time on my hands for blogging.
*having issues commenting on ppls blogs lately - so if it comes up twice..sorry!*
ReplyDeleteThats where you've been! I wondered where you went!! Glad that you are in Canada. I couldnt imagine what you would have had to go through if you were still in Africa. eesh. Well...we'll be praying lots for you guys - for Patience, Peace & lots of rest for you!
Adrienne