Wednesday, June 1, 2011

happily moved

Today was the big day.  Moving day!!

Our landlady gave us the keys early, so we were able to start moving some stuff in as early as last week.  Today was the real move, but we already had most of our furniture moved and assembled by the time June 1 rolled around.  And now, at the end of the day, our beds are made, towels are put away, kitchen is about one third unpacked, and it's starting to feel like home.

I am so thankful to be here and getting settled.  We all enjoyed staying with family, but were all ready to move into our own place and get settled again.  You can only live in transition for so long.  Especially Micah.  He's young enough to not understand what's going on, but too old to be largely oblivious.  Yesterday we were here at our new place and over at Stew's parents house working on things, and he was just not himself.  We took the afternoon off moving and relaxed together as a family back at my parent's house where we had been staying.  That helped; Micah needed it.  We all needed it.

Today went better than I had anticipated - both with Micah and the move itself.  Everything was moved into our home before noon!  And once we got his toys out and his little play area set-up, Micah was happy to play and check out his new house.

There is still much to do around here, but given that today was moving day, I'd say we're in pretty good shape.

A big thanks to all who helped -- today, and all the days leading up to now.

1 comment:

  1. sorry I couldn't make it out that one night! I didn't have a car to get out there! hope its going smoothly!

    ReplyDelete