It's that time again... sorting, organizing, purging, packing, cleaning. Moving.
I've started to clean out our freezer and pantry. Only a few more suppers to cook in this house... so it's time to really be cooking strategically. How can I finish off all the meat in my freezer, and the rice, pasta, and other odds and ends? And still eat good meals, and even healthy ones? Well, maybe we just can't! But I'll do my best. Hot beef sandwiches tonight for supper, made in the slow cooker. Such a simple, yummy meal, and maybe a salad too. (If I get around to soaking/bleaching/washing my lettuce in time. I don't mind soaking my veggies, but washing lettuce in general is a task that I just detest. Thankfully Charlotte often does it for me, but she was busy with other things this week. And in not too long I will no longer have to bleach all of our produce! So looking forward to that.)
Yesterday I had a friend over for a full day of cooking. She wanted to learn to make a few dishes, so that we did. We made vanilla gelato, pizza (dough and sauce from scratch), chicken pot pie, and pumpkin pie. It was a fun day - and it really helped in clearing out my freezer and pantry. And we decided to give her some of the brought-from-North-America goodies we have around here, since she's fairly new and just learning to cook. So we gifted her with maple flavouring and a syrup recipe, molasses and a quick lesson on mixing your own brown sugar, etc. It was a good day.
Now we're back to the usual today - doing laundry and hanging it on the line, looking around to see what else is ready to pack up, scrounging up lunch for just me and Micah (pancakes it is!).
I think we found ourselves a new home! Everything should be finalized today. It looks like a great place - above ground, bright and spacious. I'm already thinking about how to arrange our furniture, what odds and ends we'll need to pick up, just how to fix up the kitchen to allow for a bit more counter and storage space. But other than the little bit of work needed in the kitchen, the place looks just about perfect for us, and a great location. I am so looking forward to being able to settle in and not think about moving again for a little while.
But for now we're still in transition, still sorting through our stuff, what will stay and what will go. Only about a month until we will be all settled into our new home. What an exciting thought!


How many bedrooms and where is it?
ReplyDeleteI can hardly wait to see you!
three bedrooms! It will give Stew some study space and us some storage - until we need to make it into another bedroom. My handsome hubby is getting us a discount on rent by cutting their lawn! And it's about 10 minutes north of where we used to live.
ReplyDeleteStill in Fleetwood? Excited for you guys. The place looks really cute and well-kept! Remind me that I have a babyfood cookbook for you. I was offering it up on facebook and your mom said you'd like it.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.ca/Better-Food-Kids-Essential-Nutrition/dp/0778800458