Much of the reading I've done on the topic of modesty is material written by various members of the Mahaney family: there is much on the topic of modesty on the girltalk blog (written by Carolyn Mahaney and her three married daughters), and a chapter of C.J. Mahaney's book Worldliness is devoted to the topic, as well. I would highly recommend reading it all, but I know many of you probably don't have the time or interest for that! However, on his blog in 2008, C.J. Mahaney posted seven excerpts from Modesty: God, My Heart, and Clothes -- the chapter from his book Worldliness. You can click here to view part one of the series. And since it's seven parts long, why not sit for five minutes every day, reading one part each day for a week?
If you are sitting there, rather skeptical of this family who is so into modesty, wondering just how out-of-date they must be... let me tell you that quite the opposite is true! They are way more trendy that I ever am (okay, I know that doesn't say much!). But really. Check out the about page of their website to learn a little more about the ladies at girltalk.
Some practical suggestions about modesty still to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment