Sunday, March 27, 2011

a really good day

Yesterday was really busy, but nonetheless, a really good day.  Maybe that's partly why it was so good?  Sure, my days around here are usually busy, but with cooking, caring for Micah, laundry, not going out and visiting with friends.  And that's what yesterday was all about.

We didn't plan anything for the morning, and enjoyed just being together as a family.  We wandered around our yard with Micah for a while, then once we were all hot (by 10am!) we went for a swim.  Can I say just how very thankful I am for the pool on our compound?!  Wonderful.

Early afternoon we went for lunch at an Indian restaurant (really, the Indian restaurant here) with our new friends Andy & Sara, and their two year old daughter.  Aravis and Micah get along really well, and we had a great time together eating delicious food.

After lunch we went to the park together -- the only park, with the only playground in our city.  The grass is green (it's remarkable that there even is grass in the middle of dry season!), there are actually three playgrounds with baby swings, and there is a little air conditioned ice-cream shop in the middle of the park!  And let me tell you, the strawberry ice-cream is phenomenal!  We definitely will be returning, and I will definitely be ordering strawberry again.  Just in case you wondered.  I'm sure you were all dying to know!



So after all our adventuring with Andy & Sara, they left to return home, and we carried on to our friend's house for supper (after a quick stop at the grocery store where I found Ritz crackers and Nescafe 3-in-1 instant coffee which I discovered in the Middle East and love, and where we fed Micah supper in their parking lot.  Fun times.).  We put Micah to bed upon arrival at our friends' house, which meant that we had a lovely child-free evening, including many new friends, and then an exciting boys vs girls game of PictionaryMan, in which the girls won.  A perfect end to our day!  :)

Oh, and to top it off, Andy and Sara are returning to the States this week, which is sad, but the good news is that they left us a bag of goodies they don't need anymore.  Including a few things you can't get here, like Goldfish Crackers, seasoning mixes, red pepper flakes, and good baby wipes!  What a treat!

So in the midst of what has been a very long and tiring week, yesterday was a definite highlight, in so many ways.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad for you guys. It's so nice to have a good day after so many not good days! I'm also so thankful too that your little man has learned to go to bed in other places than just his own bed. It sure makes going to friends in the evening much more do-able. And sleep overs at Grandma's more do-able. :o)

    ReplyDelete