I currently have beef dip in the slow cooker for our lunch today. Stewart has a friend over for a time of mentoring/digging into the Bible together, so I'm making them lunch. And for me too, of course. And Micah. Can't forget him!
Preparing a meal in the slow cooker is a wonderful thing. The simplicity. The ease. The simplicity. The ease.
However, now that is is 11:30 and my house smells absolutely divine, I remember why I also greatly dislike slow cookers. It's Thanksgiving day, and Christmas day all over again. The wonderful, amazing, scrumptious, tempting smells! The house smells absolutely heavenly. Except.
Except that it smells heavenly long before you actually get to eat the amazing food that is cooking.
And so I sit, being taunted by the fabulous smell of hot beef dip sandwiches, which will be ready in an hour or so.
I'm not sure what happened to my previous post... but it's been in the crock pot for 5 hours now and it IS SMELLING DEVINE! Hope you guys are doing well. Thanks for the inspiration:)
ReplyDelete