Last night my little man slept for ten hours straight! I can hardly believe it. This is pretty much record-breaking for him. And seriously, for all you Moms out there whose babies aren't sleeping well, if Micah can sleep through the night, your baby will too eventually. I thought this day would never come.
Maybe I am counting my chickens before they hatch. It was one night, right? Except that he also slept that well two nights ago, when he stayed with our friends. So I have high hopes that this is the new normal around here.
Micah only cried for four minutes when Stew put him to bed last night, and we didn't hear from him again until 5am. Amazing. And even this morning, he cried for about 3 minutes when I put him down to nap. And that's all I did - hug him, tell him I love him, tell him it's nap time, put him down, pat his back (for about 5 seconds) and walk away. And he slept. No rocking, singing, cuddling, nursing, coaxing... this is huge progress for Micah!
Unfortunately, 5am still comes a little too early. But this morning, although he awoke at 5, he dozed and whimpered on and off until 6am. And that I can do. Still early, but manageable.
Praise God for good sleeps!
I'm off to nap!
Praise the Lord, we'll continue to pray that this new occurrence will become a habit :). We love you .
ReplyDelete