Monday, February 21, 2011

it's warming up

I know, I've said this before, but really this time.  It's warming up.

Yesterday was 37 degrees.

This morning when I got up with Micah at 5:45am, I noticed there was no chill in the air.  And I missed it!  When I checked the weather online, I saw that it only cooled down to 25 degrees last night, not 18 or 19, like it has been.

Our neighbours have been busy cleaning the pool, after 2+ months of it sitting unused.  (Even though it was around 30 degrees during the day in cool season, we are all a little wimpy and find the water too cold for swimming!)  We (or at least I) am excitedly looking forward to my first dip in the water in the next couple days - hopefully.  Mid-afternoon when the day is at it's hottest, that pool will be mighty refreshing!  The pool is right beside our house now, and I'm sure we will get lots of use out of it over the next few months.

Soon it will be back to cold showers before bed, no more soups or stews or chili, running the fans constantly, and praying for no power outages!

Hot season here we come.  For real.

No comments:

Post a Comment