Friday, January 7, 2011

my new washing machine

I just found out that the washing machine for our new house is an American top-loading machine, rather than the French, front-loading machines that you typically find here.  This makes me so happy!

It's not that I am prejudiced against the French.  Honest.  But washing cloth diapers in a front-loading machine is just not my cup of tea.  Seriously, pouring the stinky poo-water out of the diaper pail and into the toilet, then picking up dirty diapers with my bare hands to get them into the machine is one the most disgusting things I have ever had to do.  And I do it three times a week.

I almost jumped for joy at the thought of being able to just pour the contents of my diaper pail, water and all, into the machine for a rinse cycle, and then a wash.  It seriously makes my life so much better.

I wish I was only joking.  It matters that much to me.  I am all for using cloth diapers, but using the front-loading machine that is in our temporary home here, has made me seriously contemplate and even price out buying a great big box of Huggies.  For those of you that know me, that's saying a lot!  :)  Especially here, where diapers are very expensive and we burn all of our garbage in our yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment