Sunday, January 2, 2011

happy new year to you

To celebrate the new year we headed back to the same village we were at just before Christmas.  We spent three days camping together with some friends.  It was a wonderful time of playing games, eating good food, going on walks, riding dirt bikes, and cool weather!  Thanks to both clouds and heavy dust, I actually wore a sweater almost all day long while we were there (even though it was about 25 degrees midday).  It was beautiful!  And I will readily admit that I was in bed by 10pm on New Year's Eve, all snuggled up in blankets enjoying the cool of the night.  Staying up until midnight held absolutely no appeal this year!  Even if it did mean sitting around the campfire with friends.  Knowing you'll be up with a little one in the night really takes the joy out of staying up late.





we found a tiny baby lamb with it's umbilical cord still attached!


Micah helped the guys fix the bike

and he played with "Auntie Lisa"

an entourage of children followed us on our family walk



we went for a walk at 7am and it was chilly!!

1 comment:

  1. I have done the socks on the hand trick before too! Very resourceful! Much love to you guys!

    ReplyDelete