Thursday, December 2, 2010

I just love y'all!

I just counted, and realized that I currently have 7 pregnant friends.  That I know of.  Because let's be honest, there could be more of you out there who just haven't spilled the news yet.  We all know how that goes.  :)  I also have three friends who have had babies in the past 2 months.

And no, this is not leading into an announcement about myself.  That will come in due time.  And that doesn't mean I will be announcing anything next week, either.  Because I am not pregnant.  Some such announcement may come in the next few months... but not yet.  (May as well save y'all from asking!)

The point is, I was just reflecting on how life changes.  I remember a couple summers ago, Stew and I were invited to 8 or so weddings.  We, and many of our friends, were in that stage of life.  And now, two years later, it seems that many of us are in the "having babies" or "starting our family" stages of life.  And it's good.

It is so fun to see so many of my friends as Moms.  And I'm so glad to have so many friends in the same stage of life as I am.  I find it so encouraging when I blog about something to do with Micah, and have so many Moms reply with ideas, advice, and encouragement.  I love y'all!  Thanks for being a little community for me, even when I don't live near you, or have even met you, or necessarily are close friends in person.  You are an encouragement to me by being here, reading, and in your comments to me.

I've been finding it difficult to be a first-time Mom, so far away from the support of family, friends, and our small group.  (Of course I do have a few friends here, but it's different.  Maybe just because we don't have history here yet.  It'll come I'm sure.)  Life here is good, but I do miss the day-to-day interaction that Micah had with his Grandparents, and being able to call up my Mom, M-I-L, sister-in-law, or a friend to ask a question about Micah and brainstorm how to solve our latest baby-dilema (usually sleep-related).

So thank you!  And please, feel free to leave a comment sometime.  If I don't yet know you, stop and say "hi".  I'd love to meet you.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment