After soaking them for many, many hours, I now have a potful of chickpeas on my stove cooking. About half way through the soaking, I noticed that my house was starting to smell like McDonalds. (And I had nothing else cooking.) Now that they've been simmering for a couple hours, the smell is stronger than ever. This is my first time using dried chickpeas, and I've never noticed this before when I've used canned ones.
Really? Chickpeas smell like McDonalds? It's true. Try it yourself, if you don't believe me!
Which leads me to the conclusion that McDonalds must be healthy after all. Because clearly they use a lot of chickpeas in something. There couldn't possibly be another explanation!
I noticed the same thing the first time I used dried chickpeas!! Funny!
ReplyDeleteHmmm! Not quite sure what to say to that. Don't think I'll tell any McDonald's lovers this news. Or maybe I should. If I tell them the burgers are actually vegetarian, - made from chick peas, will they be turned off? Might be worth a try!
ReplyDeleteAshley, I'm actually really glad to hear that! Stew said it just smelled like beans, so I was wondering if it was all in my imagination! :)
ReplyDelete