Phew. What a day!
After decorating Micah's birthday cake early this morning, eating breakfast as a family, enjoying some quiet time with our Lord, and packing our picnic lunch, we were off to the zoo! Part way there we took a detour to pick out a light for above the kitchen table in our new house (yay!), and finally make it to the zoo at 10am. Then afterward we ran a few errands to get ready for Micah's birthday party, which we had at 3pm. After lots of cake, watermelon, and popcorn (no popcorn for Micah!), our friends all went home, and I started making supper for the youth group guys that were coming for dinner at 5:30! We didn't plan that one too carefully. :) But it all worked out, and now my husband is hanging out with the guys and I'm enjoying some down time and neglecting my very messy kitchen. And Micah is soundly sleeping. He had quite an exhausting day! Actually I'm very much looking forward to curling up in bed, myself.
Before I head off to bed (it's only 8pm... I know!), let me entertain you all with some photos of our day at the zoo. First you all must be warned that this is not your average zoo. Unless you are used to zoos in West Africa, then this probably
is your average zoo! Let's just say that safety is not a primary concern here...
 |
| this is so classic: Micah is always pointing at things! |
 |
| Stew was feeding this guy lettuce out of his hand. |
|
 |
| Micah was watching so carefully |
 |
| there was only those bars between us and the lion! Don't worry, we kept our distance! |
 |
| Seeing these bones made me even more careful to keep Micah a good distance away! |
 |
| just to prove I was there too... |
 |
| our little bubby was exhausted and fell asleep about 2 minutes into our drive home! |
I had our friend Lisa take most of the pictures during Micah's party, and they are on her camera, so I don't have them yet. For now, here is a teaser. Hopefully I'll be able to post the rest tomorrow.
YAAY !! Looks like a great day to me! That lion looks pretty freaky with those bloody bones right there, I'm glad you kept your distance :)
ReplyDeleteHappy early birthday sweet Micah!!!! He is so adorable, you are a blessed family :)
Sending lots of love and hugs, and some kisses, (but the kisses are only for Micah :D )