Saturday, November 20, 2010

it was winter in West Africa last night

You read that correctly.  A little bit of winter made its way over here to West Africa last night.

I had heard that it was snowing back home, and I love snow.  I mean really love snow.  I still get giddy at the sight of big fluffy flakes.  They get me every time!  Even after spending four winters in Saskatchewan!

Anyways, I had heard it was snowing back home, and I was really sad about that.  I miss winter!  So without telling me, Stewart went and turned on the air conditioner in our bedroom (for the first time since we came).  By the time I came to bed it was cold in our room!  Stewart told me he wanted me to have a little bit of winter!  Awe.

So about me being giddy about winter... I was so excited!  I pulled my pajama pants out of the drawer (that I brought to Africa, why??) and put them on and jumped around the room!  We slept with two blankets on all night, and my toes were even cold.  I loved it!

Thank you, Stew!  You're so thoughtful!

3 comments:

  1. Go Stewart!! That is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness what a sweet heart!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hilarious! You can come here and have our cold weather and snow anytime! -33 this morning with the windchill! Spencer was delivering papers and had a toque on, his hood, a thing around his face and came back with his face all wintery frosted still! It is downright chilly! Makes us very, very thankful for a warm house and food and clothes and a vehicle!! Auntie Coke

    ReplyDelete