If you have any answers, please do tell.
If you can tell me why he suddenly has started fighting me when I try to put him down for his afternoon nap (as of this week), that would be good too.
We have managed to get him to "sleep in" most days until 6:30 or 7am. We are very thankful for that!
And he now goes to bed really easily at night.
And is easy to put down for his morning nap, only 2 hours or so after he wakes for the day.
But his afternoon nap... he just fights it. Until finally, after trying for an hour to get him to sleep, giving up and letting him play for at least an hour, he finally settles for a nap -- at least five hours after he last woke up. It just doesn't make sense!
So seriously, all you Moms out there, I want to hear your baby sleep tips!
K so, at 1 Amy started crying through her 2nd nap of the day. It was more for me to have some quiet time as I got supper ready, or cleaned up a bit from our day. We phased it out, slowly(sometimes just letting her cry in her bed) before we just abolished it all together. She goes down to sleep easier for bedtime, and a lil' earlier though with that said.
ReplyDeleteThe odd time she will still have a second nap, but if not I'm learning to just go with the flow, and spend some quality one on one quiet time with her reading books or having quiet relaxing activities. I know that when she starts getting "sleepy", or frusterated, even naughty...really she just needs my undivided attention for a few minuites.
Her love language may be: quality time. ?!??
I know some babies that dont nap at all come 1. (which is crazy!..well, I would go crazy!!) but its not un-common for babies to all of a sudden be more interested with the world around and not want to sleep!
Good luck momma!
I agree with Kim. Maybe his schedule is changing and he either doesn't need two naps, or he needs them further spaced apart. Read up on guidelines on about how much total sleep hours he should be getting and go by that. It may mean a later afternoon nap and a later bedtime, but then he sleeps in in the morning.
ReplyDeleteEventually, once you can transition to one nap a day, it's a lot easier, but it's tough to get to that place. Hang in there! It won't last forever.
I was going to say to move his nap to about 11am and see if he'll do one nap and then do that every other day (with two naps on the other days) until he totally transitions to one nap. Usually when they are about one, they move to the one nap.
ReplyDeleteAnd, for waking at night, each kid is sooooo different. Koen, our younger son, still wanted milk at 4am until he was about 16 months old:)