Wednesday, November 17, 2010

time well spent

Today was a nice change of pace for us.  It is a national holiday here today, and Stewart spent the day with friends of ours as they celebrated.  I'll spare you the details (and gorey photos) here, but a lot of sheep were sacrificed, and then a lot of feasting took place.

one such sheep, about to meet its demise
 
However, while Stew was out celebrating, Micah and I enjoyed a quiet morning at home.  Since it was a national holiday, I decided it would be a good chance to put off all housework, laundry, and cooking, and just enjoy my boy.  I had so much fun with him!

We played with his wooden puzzle, made a paper airplane, did some colouring for the first time, and then Micah let me drink some coffee and read my Bible while he napped.  We also made a colourful paper chain to countdown all the exciting events here in the next couple months.  It was such a lovely morning, just hanging out in my pajamas with my boy!  It really made me realize that I don't spend nearly enough time with him just sitting in my lap, playing together.  (But maybe that's at least partly because he rarely sits still!)


In the afternoon, Micah and I joined Stew for some of the day's festivities... mainly the eating.  :)  Now I can say for certain that I am not terribly fond of sheep's liver.  Just in case I had ever wondered.  Now I have no doubts.

I wasn't sure how Micah would do, out all afternoon in the heat, especially when he would not settle for a nap.  But who was I kidding?  He loved it!  He sat in the dirt and played all afternoon.  A little boy's delight!

don't you just love it?  so much dirt, and then a sound system!


filthy, sitting in the dirt, with one shoe missing, yet happy as a clam

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to play with Micah! What a nice reminder to just enjoy your little boy. He is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete