Thursday, November 11, 2010

today

Today was a good day.

We received a package from home!  And so we ate Kraft Dinner for lunch!  (Thanks, Mom!)

We picked up the deep freezer that we get to borrow from some friends' friends, and got it humming away.

I found chicken wings at the grocery store - woohoo!  And so we ate chicken wings for supper!  (What healthy eaters, I know!  Today was NOT a normal day!)

We went to the market together this afternoon to practice our Bambara and get some household items - another success!  We bought a basket, some soap, rice and beans, and some fabric.  Then on the way home there was lady at the side of the road selling chocolate bars and cookies... the perfect end to our outing!


And now I just got off Skype with my dear friend, Alyssa.

The bad news is that apparently we have no water right now, so I can't have my usual cool-off-before-bed shower!

Overall, I'd say the good outweighs the bad.

How was your day?  (Or are you still in the middle of it?)

3 comments:

  1. we just received a package from home too! i haven't opened it yet...i'm going to go do that RIGHT NOW. :) things from home are always really exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you got a lovely package from home! mmm yum Kraft Dinner!!! YAY! So exciting! AND chicken wings! AND a freezer! Sounds like a very awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your parcel from your mom finally arrived! She was waiting to see how long it takes.

    ReplyDelete