I just read a great blog post from Jess at Making Home, called "'Choosing' to say 'Blessed be the Name of the Lord'". It's what I needed to hear. Being far from home (although we are trying to make this home, it just doesn't feel like it yet!), and very sick, makes me really wonder why we're here. And makes me want to leave and go back to Canada. Preferably today.
I know going home isn't the right answer. I don't actually want to leave. But right now, it feels like it would be an easy way out. But I know that's not why God brought us to Africa -- to hurry home at the first sign of trouble. And so we'll stay. And we'll keep trusting God. And we know He'll heal us - He already has and is.
I was reminded that even in our times of suffering, we need to respond by blessing the Lord. It's a choice. Not something that comes naturally. At least not for me. And so I am choosing to bless the Name of the Lord today - in all that this day holds, even sickness in Africa.
About 3-4 weeks after I arrived in Africa, I got sick with a stomach virus and ring worm and they only thing I wanted to do was go home. Much like your situation, God wasn't done using me there and He pulled me through much like He will for you. I am so very glad I stayed because after those first weeks, my experience was one of the best in my life. Just thought I would share my story! All the best to your family as you begin our life in beautiful Africa
ReplyDelete