Micah has had some, uh, rather interesting sleeping patterns since we've been in the Midwest. The first night was rather ridiculous. Micah cried and cried, and didn't go to sleep until around 3am. Since Micah is staying in the same room as Stew and I, if he was up (and crying), we all were up (and almost crying!). The next couple nights were much better - but still not great. He went to sleep around 12 or 1am, and slept through until 6 or 7am. That's actually a really good long stretch, except we didn't have a chance to sleep at all before or after that. Since we're in classes, we had to be up for breakfast, which is at 7:30am.
After those first few days, things have deteriorated! Micah has settled down for the night between 2 and 3am every night, waking at least once, if not twice before 7am, when we get up for the day. So needless to say, Stew and I are pretty exhausted!
Last night Stew graciously stayed up and bottle-fed Micah, so I could go to be around 11pm. But I was still up twice through the night, and Stew was more exhausted than ever! We are really hoping that once we are back home, Micah will adjust back to more normal sleeping habits. Until he does, we'd really appreciate your prayers! Prayers both for our energy, stamina, and patience during the day, and also that Micah will begin going to sleep earlier at night, and sleeping longer.
Off to bed soon (I hope!),
-C
P.S. the post title is a quote from the song "Sleep" by Riley Armstrong. You can watch the music video here.
No comments:
Post a Comment