Now that we have a day picked for the induction, the countdown is on. Although we know that it could take a few days from when I am induced until the baby arrives, the end is in sight -- and soon. (Even sooner if I go into labour before the induction, which is our prayer.)
I have been trying to think of things we need/want to do before the baby arrives. So far my list includes:
-some decorating for Christmas (and organizing things so I can do the rest more easily, after the baby comes)
-spending some quality time with Stew
-baking
-keeping my house clean + laundry done, so it's not a total mess when we come home from the hospital
Any suggestions for me?? What should I do with my last few days before mommy-hood?
when is your induction day? i want to make sure that i'm thinking and praying for a safe and healthy labour and baby that day for you. :)
ReplyDeleteI think you need to just relax and hang out with your husband. I think that is most important for you right now.
ReplyDeleteYou might want to get a manicure. And, make sure you have plenty of healthy snacks/meals in your fridge and/or freezer. More importantly, get rest. Get as much sleep as possible since you won't be getting a lot of sleep in the first few days after the baby comes.
ReplyDeleteLove, Auntie Laurie
Ah Charisa! I'm so excited for you guys!! I'll be praying that you go into labour naturally instead of having to be induced. But either way, it's so exciting knowing that in a handful of days you'll have a new addition to the family. Even though I don't have kids I would say enjoy those peaceful sleeps and having time for yourself to do whatever you want!!
ReplyDeleteSee you at Christmas,
Laura
Go Reimers! Lots of relaxation..maybe go out on a date or two? It took us about 6 weeks to get out on our first date after Kai was born. Stock up on wipes. And finally, make a lot of homemade muffins for quick energy (also easy to eat with one hand if you are holding/feeding/bouncing a baby).
ReplyDelete