Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I slept through the night!

While for most this may not seem like much of an accomplishment, for me right now, it’s been weeks since I’ve been able to say that! One of my pregnancy books states: “Guess what? Babies don’t sleep through the night and neither do pregnant women.” (Don’t worry, those of you who haven’t yet been pregnant... it hasn’t been this way for the whole pregnancy. That statement is written in the part of the book about the 8th month.)

Last night may have been a short night (11pm-5:30am), but I felt so incredibly refreshed when I woke up! The past couple weeks I’ve been waking up more and more frequently through the night. Especially the past week, being pregnant and having a cold, I’ve been waking up at least every 2 hours and having trouble falling back asleep again. So trust me, 6.5 hrs without getting out of bed, feels heavenly!

And (other than being awake to visit with Stew in the morning before he heads off to work), the best part is that I have all day free, so when I get tired again, I can just go back to bed and nap!

I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home during these last few months of pregnancy. But that is worth a whole ‘nother blog post.

Enjoying the early morning hours,
Charisa

No comments:

Post a Comment