Monday, April 27, 2009

baby or babies?!

The word has spread fast that I am pregnant, or "large and in charge", as Steve would say. It's nice to no longer be trying to hide my belly (which I really didn't try for very long, I'll admit). I'm now 9 weeks, and I've been wearing maternity pants since I found out I was pregnant (at 5 weeks) and realized that I had a valid reason for my pants suddenly feeling very snug.

Despite the fact that I do know others who showed really early and had only one baby, I'm still rather suspicious that either a). I'm having twins, or b). I'm further along than I think. Multiples run in my Mom's family, so twins are a definite possibility. I would love to have twins, but I know they will be a LOT of work, initially. I'm just eager to find out, as soon as I can, how many babies there are, and when I actually am due (are my dates correct?). At least this way I can prepare myself for what lies ahead!

I'm guessing it will be a couple of weeks before my first ultrasound, but in the mean time I like to jokingly refer to my "babies", in plural, which, if nothing else, always gets a good reaction from Stew. I know he'll be happy for us to have twins, but I think right now the idea is just a bit daunting for him. :)

I'll keep you all posted!

2 comments:

  1. By the way, Reitman's has these great "comfort fit" pants, capris, skirts, that are made for non-pregnant women, but have that wonderful ability to stretch if need be. They look a tiny bit like maternity pants. You may want to check them out. They also have some tops right now that are loose and flow over the belly! Their clothes tend to be a pretty good price and they usually have some great sales.

    Love, Auntie Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. babies !, how exciting.

    I have younger twin brothers and they were awesome as babies when we were growing up, no one could tell them apart ( even though they are not identical) except the family.

    Here is to hoping that you have twins :)

    ReplyDelete