Thursday, April 2, 2009

Adventures with Grandpa

About a month ago, Stew and I took a road-trip up North, to visit my Grandparents at their home in the Robson Valley. Stewart and I went out snowshoeing with my Grandpa while we were there. We walked in to Rainbow Falls, then climbed down to where the actual falls are, to take some photos. It was so much fun!




Of course, Stew seized the opportunity and climbed as far up the falls as he could (given that he didn’t have any climbing gear with him).



We laughed at how old school we were... particularly:

-climbing up and down the ravine using yellow nylon rope


-Stew’s wooden snowshoes (Grandpa and I were using Denali’s)



The next day...

We went for a drive to get a better view of the valley.




We came across a bald eagle, eating a deer that had been hit by a car and was lying by the side of the road.


We had a great time away, and it was especially fun for me to take Stew there, and let him get to know my family a bit more.

1 comment:

  1. I bet Grandma and Grandpa loved having you, and loved getting to know Stewart a bit better.
    Love, Auntie Laurie

    ReplyDelete