The saying "pain is beauty" (or is it "beauty is pain"?) is ringing in my ears right now. Actually my ears are burning more than ringing. I just had my wonderful mother-in-law pierce my ears. I asked her to, so it's self-inflicted pain. It really didn't hurt bad at all when she pierced them, but I forgot about "the burn" afterwards. eek. If only I could remember how long "the burn" lasts. That would be helpful. Er, maybe it's for the best that I don't remember.
Part of me wonders about the odd cultural fascination we have with having metal hang through our ears. How unnatural is that?! Maybe we just like shiny things. oh shiny things. dangling shiny things.
But it looks so pretty...
hey CR -
ReplyDeleteremember when we pierced Charla's ears in the laundry room during mod week......i'm sure that was sanitary.
anyways, don't you already have your ears pierced??
-CR (see....we're both CR's now :) )
Haha, yeah that was good times. I was thinking about that, but I couldn't remember who it was... but yes, it was Sharla.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I already had mine pierced; I got a second hole in each ear. :)