Wednesday, February 4, 2009

PAUSE

I think I need to get used to the fact that life = change. I like change, don't get me wrong. I get antsy after living in the same house for a few months, I like to rearrange furniture, I get bored of driving the same roads every day, I like to cook new and different meals, and I love the change of scenery that comes with travel. But some days, I just want to hit the PAUSE button on life.

Looking back on this year, a lot has changed for me. And by "a lot" I mean almost everything.

Yes, I still love Jesus; that hasn't changed. But in the last year, I met Stewart, I started dating Stewart, and I married Stewart; I moved to the other side of the world, and moved back; I've lived in seven different homes; I decided that instead of moving away for two years, I'd be back after five months; and I went from having a meaningful career to being unemployed.

If you feel like you've had a hard time keeping up with me, don't worry, I have too. I love my life, but some days I really wish I could just PAUSE, reflect, nap, and let my mind catch up with the rest of me. But then I realize - wait, I'm unemployed. I do have the time to reflect and catch up, if only I will slow down and unbusy myself for long enough. So here I am, committing to spending some time in these next couple days doing just that -- PAUSING.

2 comments:

  1. Charisa, I totally agree with your post here! LOL, both of our lives have been really really crazy and wouldnt be amazing if we could just hit pause and take in the moments that have sped by and wait for life to catch up with us before we hit play again!

    Love you dear friend
    Mary-Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charisa

    I think we have had a very similar 2008...I met my husband, dated him and married him all in a year...my life got totally flipped upside down..instead of living in the city,i live in the country, instead of having a bunch of friends i think i have about 5 in my town....i was childless and now i am a step mom...

    change is good, change is hard and change is soo much fun

    ReplyDelete