Ah yes, back to the craziness of my body being pregnant. My pregnancy with Jackson was actually really smooth overall. But early on in the pregnancy it was discovered that I have a rare antibody that can be potentially very dangerous for both baby and I. My pregnancy was monitored closely - both with lots of blood tests, and many ultrasounds. In the end I had a healthy baby with no complications. Praise the Lord!
So, this time, I've been told that the risk of having serious complications due to the antibody are less likely, since everything was fine last time. But my understanding is the specialist will still want to follow my pregnancy closely. Although the end results were good, it was a very stressful pregnancy for us last time, and is likely to be uncertain again this time.
However, with each of my pregnancies I've been diagnosed with a different, serious and somewhat rare complication. BUT, despite the high risks (in some cases 90+%) of having these same complications again in subsequent pregnancies, I have never yet had a complication again. Each of my pregnancies have been covered in prayer. Each of these things (my bicornuate uterus no longer looking misshapen at the second and third ultrasounds, not having cholestasis again, coming through H1N1 seven months pregnant without complication, not having my water break early, etc) is a miracle. We know our God is BIG and He has sovereignly taken care of us and had His hand on each pregnancy. So we are asking Him that when I do my routine blood tests next week, this antibody will no longer be present in my body. In human terms, that is crazy! But it is nothing for our God. And Him removing it from my body would be all to His glory! He has intervened for me in the past and we are trusting Him to do it again.
Would you join us in prayer?
Yes I will. Absolutely! May the extravagant love of God be poured out in and through your body and you wonderful family!
ReplyDelete