Tuesday, January 28, 2014

celebrating five years

As I alluded in my last post, Stewart and I just celebrated five years of marriage.  Our anniversary was just before Christmas, but we just celebrated with two nights away.  The first time we've ever had two nights away from our kids!

Our highlight was definitely the time we spent hiking in the snow around a frozen lake. 




 
It was so wonderful to spend time outdoors, in the snow, with my husband, and yes, without my children.  Love those three, but it was so good to have a break!  It's hard to even believe it, but we managed to sneak away for 48 hours with no cooking, no cleaning, no getting up at mealtimes, no changing diapers or wiping poopy bums.  I really cannot thank my parents enough for taking good care of our kids and letting us get away!



I can honestly say that despite--or maybe because of--the many adventures we've had together in these five years, we are more deeply in love than ever before.  We have more fun together than ever before.  We laugh more than ever before.  I cannot wait to see what adventures await us in the coming years!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your fifth anniversary, congratulations on having 3 beautful children, congratulations on being more deeply in love and having more fun, congratulations on the craziness! I'm so happy for you 2 that you got a break. I will pray that you have more opportunities like this to refresh yourselves! Christine

    ReplyDelete